We have all heard of low carb diets and eating styles going in and out of style. Often, people are comically featured in books and/or movies eating lots of meat and commenting on how much weight they are going to lose. However, there are many people today that are cutting out sugar and processed foods and following a healthier high protein, low sugar/carb way of eating. With the increased number of people choosing this way of eating, there are also many more options for new recipes that are visually appealing and taste delicious.
Here are just a few of my favorite low carb recipes
- Broccoli Salad-This simple recipe includes mayonnaise, broccoli, onion, bacon, salt and pepper, almonds, red vinegar
- Pickle Roll-Ups–This snack is simple and delicious. Pickles, corned beef (or I have used ham), and cream cheese
- Cheesy Cauliflower Breadsticks– Who knew chopped cauliflower could make a low carb bread? Cauliflower, cheese, eggs, oregano, garlic
- Cabbage Steak– Simple way to serve up some cabbage! This recipe only requires cabbage, olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper
- Almond Chicken Tenders– An easy alternate way to make crunchy tenders. Almonds, olive oil, and chicken
These are just a few of my favorites. There are so many to be found online with a simple search. Please tell me what some of your favorite low carb/low sugar recipes are!